Sunday, September 30, 2012

Elegant Wedding or Engagement Card

Who doesn't love a wedding?  Romance, emotion, Love, giggles, happiness.  My beautiful niece, Danielle will be married this week in Georgia.  I sadly cannot attend the wedding.  I wanted to send her a beautiful card to convey how very much I wish her and Charles a wonderful life full of all the good things.  I came up with this card.  (Hers is a little different...)  What is more elegant than black, white, cream and silver?  When making cards by hand, it always adds elegance and polish to "mat" your papers.  The front of this card has 7 paper layers and two ribbon layers.  Wow!  You don't really feel them when holding the card.  I started with a black card base, added a floral paper with a black mat and a white mat.  I adhered the wide black satin ribbon and the slim white satin ribbon to the floral cardstock (wrapped around and taped in the back) before adhering the floral to the black and white mat.  This "hides" your assembly and makes the card appear like it was "made" that way or "seamless".  Then I cut the shape under the heart out of a black on black baroque printed paper from my Cricut Cartridge and matted it with white again.  Finally I embossed a heart shaped stamp in silver on Colonial white cardstock with foam tape to make it stand out.  Then I used glitter glue to fill in the silver embossed "vines" on the heart.  The cream floral paper already had silver glitter in the center of the flowers, so again, adding it to the heart gave it a more polished look.
Inside I added a CTMH stamped sentiment, "Wishing you Peace, Love and Happiness" from the "Lovely Lily" stamp set (B1401) and then a French Bow from a NEW CTMH stamp set called "Jardin Flair" (D1528).  In the center of the ribbon I added an "Opaques light tan Adhesive Gem" (Z1333, $2.95).  What a beautiful and elegant sentiment for a gorgeous card!

No comments:

Post a Comment