Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Getting in the Christmas Card Swing of Things

Hello!  Hope you are having a good Thanksgiving Week!  We have been very busy at our house decorating for Christmas.  What?!  Yes, that is correct.  My husband is a Christmas Decor FREAK!!  Having a December birthday has decidedly shaped his seasonal urge to go loony for lights, bulbs, santa, and anything red, green, or sparkly!  He took the Christmas boxes out of the attic before I could get the Halloween decorations put away!  By last weekend, our front yard was a spectacle to be seen in the neighborhood and soon to become a blip on Google Maps!  We now have 3 trees up and decorated inside our home.  After this weekend, there will be at least one more....a Hello Kitty tree for my ScrapLoft.  (That one is ALL ME!)

I have had the good fortune to spend several days making Christmas cards.  Christmas has always been about family in my household.  It's always also been about Love and Peace and Kindness.  My family does not celebrate Christmas as Jesus' Birthday.  We know that many other Christians do.  We know that the bible does say, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."  -Isaiah 9:6.  In the spirit of "Peace on Earth", I give you this card that I made to send tidings of Love and Peace and Good Will.  Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.  xoxoxo  Sherry


No comments:

Post a Comment