Friday, September 21, 2012

One Fine Day

Close To My Heart has the BEST scrapbook kits!!  They put together the greatest paper packets with embellishments, stamps and great design.  I had the pleasure of working with the Typeset Workshop Kit this past week.  Typeset is no longer available, but I will show it to you so that you can see the amazing things you can do with a CTMH kit!  
My son Michael was lucky enough to visit with my Mom in Virginia every summer.  We lived in Georgia for many years, so he would come up and visit for several weeks.  In June of 2000, Hampton Roads had its first Opsail celebration.  Tall Ships from all over the world come to our area to visit.  Mom took him to Opsail that year and they had an incredible day.  That is the pictures I used for this layout and they came out amazing!  The kit came with specific instructions for cutting, preparing and laying out the pages.  I used the first CTMH cricut cartridge, Art Philosophy to cut out the large shape behind the pictures.  
The kit included an exclusive stamp set that had the "star" and "button" stamps and the "UR special" stamp.  The "FINE" I stamped was from one of my other CTMH stamp sets called "Token Alphabet".  It is still available for purchase (E1020, $29.95) in my CTMH shop.  The "cardboard" shapes I used are also still available (Milepost shapes, Z1464, $3.95) and come in a pkg of 48 pieces of arrows, circles, shapes, circles, ovals, etc.  
I'm not sure if you can tell in the picture, but the kit called for me to use my pearl paint to highlight the cardboard shapes.  That was fun!  There is also a little paint brushed directly on the page.  I love the texture in this layout!  The yellow (creme brulee) stars were cut out using the cricut cartridge and then I used my bone folder to score them on the back to make them pop up!  To bring this page altogether, I inked all of my edges with cocoa ink.  It was One Fine Day in my Scrap Loft!    
Then, I was able to make a SECOND layout on my own.  Bryan is my shining star.  I made this for him, but I do have ONE for sale on my Etsy shop, Kindness Paper.  You can find it at http://www.etsy.com/shop/KindnessPaper.  I used the paper left over when I cut out the background shape from the first layout for the top of this layout!  
The shape is echoed in the bracket on the right side of my son's photo and in the shape on the left side of the photo.  See how it makes the page visually appealing?  
I used the same alpha stamp again to stamp the "YOU" on the banner.  Then, I used my new CTMH crictut cartridge, Artiste, for the "shining STAR".  I used the same pearl paint to make the letters "shine".  The only thing that isn't CTMH on this page is the star punch I used above the "shining".   Keep in mind that you can use ANY Paper kit from CTMH to make this SAME layout!!!  Once you have the design, that's all you need!  Let me know if you try it on your own, I can send you some of the measurements I used.  What a great kit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment