Monday, August 13, 2012

Time Flies

This week I have been working on Close To My Heart's "Avonlea" workshop. The workshop features a two page layout entitled "Time Flies". YES IT DOES. Last night I had a date with my husband. We went to the Poison/Def Leppard concert here in Virginia Beach. The songs took me right back to my high school years. Poison has been performing for 25 years; Def Leppard for 34 years. I remember watching their videos premier on MTV! It was a great break to go and get my wiggle on at the concert; I didn't sit down the whole time the bands were on!
As I was working on the "Time Flies" layout, I was able to see how quickly my son, Bryan has grown!
I love the color combination in Avonlea. When you have boys, you don't always want to go with typical BOY papers. The colors in the kit (teal, olive, chocolate, slate) are masculine in my opinion. It was nice to mix-up the image colors with this kit.
LOVED the velour rub-ons! Not only did they add great texture to the layout, they were super easy to apply!!
This is the first time I have used my acrylic stamps reverse side! You use the back of the stamp in "second-generation" stamping, and then stamp the correct side with "first-generation" stamping! I know you are saying, ?WHAT? Second-generation means that you ink your stamp, stamp it on a scrap paper, and then stamp it a "second" time on your layout. It comes out lighter and gives an "aged" look. Then you can put your "first" and regular stamp on top of it and have a light outline to it. See the picture to clarify my words.
I will be sharing the additional layout from the Avonlea workshop and the additional project later this week! Let me know what you think of Avonlea! I am getting really excited for my FIRST gathering that I am hosting at my home this Saturday!! Can't wait to share my excitement, passion and knowledge of CTMH with my friends!! Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment