Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Brothers Layout using "Dotty For You" Paper Packet

Close To My Heart has a lot of cool specials every month.  Recently I was able to take advantage of one of them and purchased 3 packages of paper called "Dotty For You".  The colors are really great, so I thought I would use some black and white photos from when the boys were young.  What do you think??
When you are building a page, having a strategy for contrasting papers works well. In this instance, I used coordinating papers (thanks CTMH!) in a small dot, stripe, and a large pattern. This would also work with a small check (or small pattern), a stripe, and a large floral. The contrast of the different papers is very appealing to the eye.

The colors in this project were so bright, that adding Black and White images really works well to bring the attention to your photos. All items used in this project are CTMH except for the "Brothers" alphabet is from ColorBok and I'm not sure about the round wooden circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment