Monday, October 14, 2013

Let's Talk Kits!!


Have you ever purchased a scrapbook kit??  I have purchased many of them.  My absolute FAVORITE kits come from Close To My Heart.  Why?  Because they are incredibly beautiful and make this no-talent, but patient scrapbooker look like an ARTISTE!!  The detail that go into CTMH layouts is incredible.  They give you elegance, glamour and glitz all in one two page layout!  Your friends and family will LOVE THEM!!  Give the finished layouts (...or bonus projects...) as a bridal, shower, anniversary, birthday or graduation gift and you will be the STAR of the party!!
This particular kit that I completed today is retired...but I have people....and my people have my back....LOL!  Let me know if you want this particular kit and I will find you one.  But, as we are talking kits....if you go to my CTMH shop...see the link on the top right of this blog...you can click on "Workshops On The Go" on the left and you will see the current offerings.  Workshops on the Go is the name of CTMH's scrapbook kits.  It's a Workshop because you can do them with other folks, like ME (if you live near me!).  CTMH is the "Let Me Show You How" company and our goal is to be able to help you with the kits.  But the instruction guide that comes with the kit is all you need to be able to create a two page layout!  Also, when ordering from ME, I will provide you with the instructions for the 2nd, two-page layout.  Then, if you so choose to do the "bonus project", I will provide you with those instructions as well!  Getting back to the layout I completed....The kit provides the papers, instructions, embellishments, stamp set and more that you need to complete the layouts.  All you usually need to purchase is the ink colors, and possibly an alphabet stamp set.  However, I have been known to substitute different Alpha sets if I don't have the particular one they use.  I am loving this layout!!   I used the embellishments included in the kit...see the rhinestones and the plastic circle that says "friends" under the "seeds" stamped piece?
 They also included some flower and bee embellishments...like the little flower that is again under the "seeds".  I used a blending pen (also a CTMH item) to add color to the stamped flowers and seed packet.  I love this layout because you have so many places to add your pictures!!  On the second page...there were several places where I stamped directly on the base page...then added the other stamped images and embellishments on top.  That gives your layout a dimensional look and really makes it elegant!!  Please take a moment to check out CTMH's Workshops on The Go!  You will be glad you did!!!  kindnesspaper.ctmh.com

No comments:

Post a Comment