Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fall is HERE!!

How about some Happy Fall greetings?  Close To My Heart (CTMH) has a new catalog that is full of ideas for Fall cards, scrapbook layouts, altered projects, and much more!!
 I couldn't resist doing a folded card with the new Huntington paper. (Huntington Paper Packet, Item #X7174B, $9.95)  This card folds over on both sides...kind of like a warm and cozy robe...and has a pretty sash to slide on and off of it!  Cut your base paper 5 1/2 x 12.  With your scoring board, score the paper (placed on your scoring board with the 12" horizontally across the board) at 4" and 8 1/2".  Then grab your paper cutter and cut diagonally from the right of the fold down to the corner of your paper.  Do this for both sides.  Just make sure you still have your 12" side on the bottom!  CTMH's patterned paper is PERFECT for this project!!  It has the right "weight" to the paper to be a quality card that feels good in the reader's hand!  AND it's double-sided, so you only need the one piece of paper and the insert.  I made this card two ways so that you can see the difference and maybe "lift" my card and use the paper and stamps of your choice.  For the insert, shown above and below...I used Colonial White paper and my CTMH Artbooking Cricut Cartridge.  I used the cut at 6" from page 60, the "D" key, <SHIFT>, Photo Mat 1.
Then I only had to cut a small bit off of the bottom for it to fit perfectly inside my base card.  I used coordinating ink in Barn Red and Desert Sand to stamp "Happy Autumn" and the flowers from the NEW "Happy Autumn" stamp set (item #D1550, $17.95).  On the flowers, I used a "2nd generation" stamp technique so that it would be light enough for me to write my message over the flowers.  All you do is ink your stamp, stamp it once on a scrap piece of paper, then a "2nd" time on your insert.  It gives it a "watermark" look.  I also used this same technique on my envelope above to do the corn stalk in Desert Sand.  It works perfect on your envelope to delight your receiver!!  For the sash, you use a 8" x 5/8" piece of your base card stock; score it in the same way you did your base card.  Then I took Bronze Glitter Tape (Item#Z1849) and placed it across the front of the sash.  Lastly, I added the wooden/gem from the babycakes assortment (Item#Z1869).  
I wanted to show you a different card using similar techniques.  But without using the Cricut cartridge since I know that not everyone has a Cricut (even though I'm not sure why....LOL!).   I hand cut the insert out of colonial white card stock to 5 x 4 1/4.  I punched the top of the insert on the second card with a Marth Stewart border punch, and as you can see...it's lovely!  I also changed the wooden/gem on the sash.  I used one of the wooden pieces from the babycakes assortment, took the grey gem off of it and replaced it with a shiny gem from the Rosewood Mini-Medley Accents Collection (item #Z1857).  Charming!! 
For the second card, I used the "Give Thanks" from the same "Happy Autumn" stamp set above.  Then for the charming pumpkin and sentiment I used the "Count Your Blessings" stamp set (Item #C1555, $13.95).  I hope that you see that this card can be made using all different types of papers.  A little glitter gives it the polish that it needs.  Fall can be a glorious and colorful time of year.  Your family and friends will cherish receiving a handmade card from you!!  Please let me know if I can assist you in picking out some fall product that is in your budget!!  Enjoy the Season!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment